ABOUT THE WORKSHOP on Corrosion Control in Concrete Structures (C3S)
This course is designed to help students and faculty members in civil engineering, and practicing civil engineers to learn the basics of corrosion mechanisms in concrete structures and ways to protect the embedded steel from corrosion (in both existing and new structures). In particular, sufficient reading materials will be provided to enable further learning and be able to teach elective courses and practice good concrete engineering/corrosion control/construction practices. The lectures and laboratory sessions will cover the following topics with a blend of scientific principles behind, and the research- and practice oriented viewpoints.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WORKSHOPS
- Corrosion mechanisms in concrete structures
- Principles of corrosion testing
- Durability-based design of concrete
- Coatings for steel reinforcement
- Cathodic protection systems
- Admixed corrosion inhibitors for new structures
- Migrating corrosion inhibitors for existing structures
- Field applications of various corrosion control systems
- Visits to the Concrete/Corrosion Research Labs
- Dr. Ravindra Gettu, Prof., IIT Madras
- Dr. Radhakrishna G. Pillai, Asst. Prof., IIT Madras
- Dr. Rangarajan S., Scientist, BARCF, Kalpakkam
- Dr. Haji Sheik, Prof., BSA Univ., Chennai
- Dr. Dhanya B.S., Asst. Prof., RIT Kottayam, Kerala
- Dr. Rani P. George, Scientist, IGCAR, Kalpakkam
- Dr. Bhaskar Sangoju, Scientist, CSIR-SERC, Chennai
- Dr. Vedalakshmy R., Scientist, CSIR-CECRI, Karaikudi
- Mr. Mathew P. K., CORTEC, Bangalore
- Mr. Dhruvesh K. Shah, VECTOR, Vadodara
- Mr. Zuber Khan, CONSULTECH, Vadodara
- Mr. Sunil Bauchkar, BASF, Mumbai
- Industry personnel – Rs. 10,000/-
- Faculty and researchers/scientists – Rs. 5000/-
- Full-time ME/MTech/PhD students– Rs. 3,000/-
- BE/BTech students – Rs. 2,000/-
- Early bird registration for BE/BTech students – Rs. 1,000/- (Only for the first 50 registrations)
- At the end of the program, all participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- Fill in the Online Registration Form at http://www.theconcreteportal.com/NIGIS-SZCorrosionWorkshop.htm
- Registration starts on June 16th 2016
- Send a Cheque/Demand Draft (in favour of “NIIS South Zone” and payable at KALPAKKAM) towards the course fee to the Contact Address given below, before July 15th, 2016.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
- Free lunch and refreshments will be provided for the delegates on both the days.
- Shared accommodation for about 25 faculty /engineers is being arranged in Taramani Guest House (in IIT Madras campus).
- This will be reserved on a “first-come-first served basis” and self-payment basis.
- Shared accommodation at nominal cost (self-payment basis) will also be provided to the student participants in the IITM campus hostels (subject to availability).
- Suitable hotels nearby IIT Madras are (i) Ginger Hotel, (ii) Esthell, and (iii) Lemon Tree.
Dr. Radhakrishna G. Pillai, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai.
Dr. T.M. Sridhar, Assistant Professor, Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Madras, Chennai.
For more details / queries contact:
Mr. T. D. Sundarakshan
Manager, NIGIS South Zone Office, New No.3, 1st Floor, Potters Street, Saidapet, Chennai-15
Mobile: +91 94445 63160 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org